Monday, February 9, 2015

Coaches: Must See Back Hand Spring Drills


Welcome back to Twist and Talk, 

This post is a great one for coaches training back hand springs. This video is helpful for beginners who are just learning the shaping of a back handspring. 



Link:

This video is fabulous for gymnasts who have learned a standing back hand spring and have moved on to round off back hand springs. I really liked how it focused on keeping toes down in the entry of the back hand spring. All my gymnasts want to whip their feet over as fast as they can causing real shape trouble.




Thanks for reading Twist and Talk, I hope it helped!

5 comments:

  1. I doubt I could still do a cartwheel anymore, but the girl in that video sure makes it look easy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great. These video's would be a great learning tool for our gymnasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are in open gym you should try a few of these and tell me what you think!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Man that's so cool I wish I could backhand springs.

    ReplyDelete